Sunday, September 27, 2009

Two Things To Find

Everyone is searching for something because no one is ever truly complete. We can only push ourselves closer. I took this trip knowing that something was missing and being on the road where the complexities of life are stripped away and only my raw self remains has shown me what is missing. There are two things that I'm currently searching for. One is something that I have owed to myself for years, the other is a better understanding of something that I already knew.

I'm surprised that I learned what it was that I was looking for so quickly. With each passing day I come closer to understanding that which I need a better understanding of.

I've seen so much in the past two weeks. I've traveled through Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Connecticuit, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island. I've seen more in these last two weeks than on years of vacations.

My trip might not last a year, but I won't try to guess now how long it will last. It'll be done when it's done, and I guess I'll know when that is.

But now I feel I'm one huge step closer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you! Some people spend their entire lives never finding out what they want and need. However long your trip lasts, I know you'll learn something new everyday. What you're learning now will be with you for the rest of your life. May tomorrow find you even closer to the truth you're looking for.

Unknown said...

Never stop searching
Never stop learning
Never stop loving
Never stop exploring
Never stop questioning
Never stop pushing your boundaries
Never stop living