Monday, November 23, 2009

An American Walkabout




As soon as I made it home, I cracked open the laptop and started typing. (Actually, I battled with my overexcited dog, kissed my girlfriend and ate some chicken... but you know what I mean) What was I typing? The beginning of my book 'An American Walkabout' which will chronicle my trip from the earliest thoughts and desires to take some random adventure to the minute I walked back through the door and dropped my heavy pack on the floor of the livingroom and everything in between.

I'm currently about 30,000 words in and have plenty more to type. It's going to take a while to finish this thing, but I'll get it done. This trip has taught me determination and I'm using that to plow through the events and thoughts and emotions that made up this journey. It's all going into the book. Every bit of it. Everything you read in this blog and plenty more will be in the manuscript. So if you want to hear more about my travels, I'll give you the opportunity. I'm putting it all down and I'm willing to share with you guys the story of my Walkabout and how it changed me.

If you want to read it, I'll give you a copy. And if you want to hear about it, offer me a cup of coffee and I'll sit with you for hours and tell you all about the trip. I'll even tell you about the two guys and the giant pumpkin in the photo with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait! So glad u are back safe and sound! -Cassie

Gracie said...

Hey, I got stories and I didn't even have to buy you coffee! Oh wait, I bought you dinner. Damn.

You know I'm already in line for a copy.

Theatre Geek said...

Five, that is ONE giant pumpkin! I love hearing your stories. You're a great story teller. Still, I'd also like a copy when your book gets done. I want to read it!

Michelle Bruney said...

I want a copy! I've truly enjoyed your blog and look forward to reading more.